Eos’ Proprietary Znyth Technology Powers First Ever Electrically-Rechargeable & Long-Lasting Zinc Battery
Eos has developed Znyth, a zinc hybrid cathode battery technology, to meet the energy storage needs of utilities, electric vehicles, the military, and major industrial and commercial enterprises.
Eos’ Proprietary Znyth Technology Has:
- Most cycles ever realized by metal-air battery – 5000+ battery cycles demonstrated to date with no physical degradation
- Overcome historical limitations of zinc-air batteries – Innovations dramatically improve round-trip efficiency, energy density, cycle life, and run time
- Safe, non-toxic, and stable record – Battery operation is both inherently safe and self-healing
- Low cost per kWh – Low cost of materials, architecture, and lean manufacturing methods result in one of the lowest-cost known energy storage technologies
- Environmentally-friendly materials – Zinc is one of the world’s most plentiful and inexpensive metals and is locally available (US, Canada and Australia are three of top five global zinc producers), while battery is designed with recyclable materials
Znyth Innovations Resolves Historical Challenges of Zinc-Air Rechargeability
Many challenges have prevented the rechargeability of zinc-air batteries. Eos’ Znyth technology has achieved electrical rechargeability through proprietary innovations that address battery architecture, electrolyte composition and management, materials, systems and manufacturing processes.
Znyth Backed by Strong IP Protection
Multiple patents issued and pending with over 500 claims covering:
- Cell configuration and architecture
- Cathode design, materials and catalysts
- Electrolyte and additives
- System configuration and electrolyte system