Manager of Strategic Partnerships
About the Position:
This job description summarizes responsibilities relating to a full time, permanent hire for Eos Energy Storage’s Business Development team (based out of corporate headquarters at 214 Fernwood Ave, Edison NJ). The Manager of Strategic Partnerships position reports into the Vice President of Business Development and will interact regularly with Eos’ senior management. Eos is searching for the right leader to drive the development and execution of the company’s global partnership plans—specifically for utility and commercial/industrial markets. The Manager of Strategic Partnerships develops, maintains, and expands relationships with key integration and channel partners and is responsible for partner relations, joint product development and joint system integration, and partner-driven sales objectives.
- Proactively leads a joint product development and partner planning process that develops joint product specification and supporting collateral, mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship.
- Develops and executes partner agreements (e.g., joint development, joint integration) and ensures partner and company compliance with those agreements.
- Sells partner-integrated products through and with partner organizations to end users in coordination with internal and external sales resources.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates partner needs on an ongoing basis.
- Designs and manages targets in collaboration with sales to deliver on volume and profitability metrics for partner accounts.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned partner accounts.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet partner performance objectives and partners’ expectations.
- Manages potential channel conflict with other firm sales channels by fostering excellent communication internally and externally, and through strict adherence to channel rules of engagement.
- Leads solution development efforts that best address end user needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company and partner personnel.
- Proactively recruits new qualifying partners.
- Maintains high partner satisfaction ratings that meet company standards.
- Enlists the support of sales specialists, implementation resources, service resources, and other sales and management resources as needed.
- Works closely with customer service representatives to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution.
- MBA / Master’s degree preferred
- At least 5 years previous work experience, preferably in clean-tech and the utility energy industry. Experience with energy storage would be of great value.
- Strong communication skills, i.e., writing, powerpoint, and public speaking
- Proven ability to significantly grow strategic partnerships in a consultative selling, competitive product, and competitive price environment.
- Ability to think ahead, plan and communicate plans over a 1-2 year time span.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities maximizing the effectiveness of resources.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including presentation skills
- An acute business sense and entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite products
About the Company:
Named after Eos, the Greek Goddess of the Dawn, Eos Energy Storage aims to bring about a new dawn of energy storage—one that will transform the way we produce, deliver, and consume electricity. Eos views energy storage as a solution to real business problems, and has developed a battery technology that responds directly to the requirements of the business case for stationary, grid-connected electricity storage. The result is Eos’ proprietary Zinc Hybrid Cathode (Znyth®) technology—a low-cost, long-life, inherently safe, energy dense, and efficient aqueous battery. At an industry-leading price of $160/kWh and a projected life of 15 years, the company’s core product—the Eos Aurora® 1000│4000—represents the most cost-effective DC battery solution on the market. Eos has established a strong commercial platform, partnering with leading integrators, manufacturers, and utilities to support product demonstration and deployment, and is now selling commercial product for installation in 2017.
If you are interested in joining our team please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org