Manager of Marketing and Public Relations
This job description summarizes responsibilities relating to a full time, permanent hire for Eos’ Business Development and Sales team (based out of corporate headquarters at 214 Fernwood Ave, Edison NJ). The Manager of Marketing and Public Relations position reports into the Vice President of Business Development and will interact regularly with Eos’ senior management. This position will lead planning, development and implementation of all of Eos’ marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal, in support of sales and strategic partner development.
- Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program that will enhance the Eos’ image and position within the marketplace and the general public, and facilitate internal and external communications
- Ensure articulation of Eos’ desired image and position, assure consistent communication of image and position throughout the organization, and assure communication of image and position to all constituencies, both internal and external.
- Create a communication strategy for product and partnership awareness. This includes, but is not limited to, developing a schedule of press releases and identifying appropriate industry publications to advertise and target.
- Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all Eos’ press releases and publications.
- Coordinate media interest in Eos and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests. Act as Eos’ representative with the media. Build relationships with major media outlets, especially within the utility sector and renewable energy industry.
- Coordinate the appearance and branding of all Eos’ print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures, etc.
- Ensure that Eos regularly conducts relevant market research and coordinate and oversee this activity. Monitor trends.
- Track and manage industry conferences. Secure prime speaking engagements at targeted conferences. Manage conference process, including the design, implementation and execution of tradeshow booth development.
- Manage third party vendors contracted for website, tradeshows, graphic design
- Engage with both the commercial and technical teams to create clean, professional and engaging work product that can be leveraged for commercial and investor use. Drive consistency and clarity across product material. Ensure that all work product being created adheres to the standard of the Eos brand and quality standards.
- Help make sure that Eos’ philosophy, mission and vision are pertinent and practiced throughout the organization.
- Responsible for the achievement of marketing/communications/public relations mission, goals and financial objectives. Ensure that evaluation systems are in place related to these goals and objectives and report progress to senior management.
- Develop short- and long-term plans and budgets for the marketing/communications/ public relations program and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance.
- Recommend short- and long-term corporate marketing and PR goals and objectives to senior management.
- Develop, implement and monitor systems and procedures necessary to the smooth operation of the marketing/communications/public relations function
- Minimum of 5 years experience in marketing, communications or public relations with demonstrated success, preferably in the utility or energy sector
- Bachelors degree in journalism, marketing, public relations preferred. Graduate degree in a related field is desirable
- Strong communication skills, i.e., writing, powerpoint, and public speaking
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills.
- Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, making presentations and negotiating with media.
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications.
- Computer literacy in word processing, data base management and page layout.
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Familiarity with renewable energy industry
- Ability to develop & manage relationships