Business Development/Corporate Finance Associate
This job description summarizes responsibilities relating to a full time, permanent hire for Eos’ business development team (based out of headquarters at 3 E 80th Street, NY and 3920 Park Avenue, Edison NJ). The position reports to the Director of Business Development and the Director of Corporate Finance, and will lead and support the following activities or initiatives:
- Partnership Development:
- Partnership development, specifically with EPC companies, system integrators, and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) who can package, integrate, install, support, and brand energy storage solutions using Eos batteries or battery systems.
- Development and execution of long-term supply agreements supporting aggressive year over year sales targets.
- Interfacing with Eos and partner personnel to coordinate and support product definition/specification, testing/qualification programs, and marketing initiatives.
- Development of original collateral in PowerPoint, Word and Excel. Being able to translate any information into outgoing material (this can include anything from quarterly investor updates to board presentations to op-ed and other publications).
- Detailed financial analysis quantifying the profitability of energy storage technologies in a range of applications and market structures. Such analysis will evaluate the economics of grid-tied and behind-the- meter energy storage assets in a variety of wholesale markets and retail rates or tariffs.
- Research on the energy storage sector, understanding the industry dynamics and evaluating the markets in other areas/countries.
- Research on competitors (who is developing/ trying to market something similar, something competitive, where do they stand?).
- Research on potential partners (what is their interest/ how does it align with Eos, what are their strengths, what is the potential benefit in partnering with them).
This position will:
- Support the development of robust scenario-based financial models projecting capital requirements, profits and losses, cash flow, balance sheet, and return on equity investment.
- Conduct product and warranty pricing analysis to understand and plan around corresponding capital requirements.
- Perform project sensitivity analyses and analyze financing alternatives
- Interact with potential or existing investors, lenders and insurance providers. This may include activities such as identifying and triaging potential investors or partners, preparing materials for and leading meetings, refining pitch decks, managing and tracking contact with investors and partners, helping to coordinate the due diligence process.
- Participate in analyzing, structuring and financial closing for selected debt and/or equity funding.
- Travel, as required.
- MBA / Master’s degree preferred
- At least 3 years previous work experience, preferably in clean-tech and the utility energy industry.
- Strong communication skills, i.e., writing, powerpoint, and public speaking.
- Strong quantitative analysis and financial modeling skills, primarily excel based
- Familiarity with wholesale and retail electricity markets.
- Ability to develop & manage relationships.
- MBA / Master’s degree preferred
- Ability to pick up new concepts/ tackle steep learning curve. Strengthen knowledge around energy storage and Eos in particular.
- Ability to “own” a project.
- Presentable, capable of presenting in front of strategic partners, public speaking.
- Charisma, ability to develop & manage relationships.
Eos is developing a low-cost energy storage solution for electric utilities, with additional applications in commercial and industrial, telecom, and residential markets. Eos’s mission is to produce safe, robust, cost-effective energy storage solutions that are less expensive than incumbent alternatives, such as gas turbines for power generation. Eos is commercializing its proprietary Znyth™ technology—the first low-cost, long-life, inherently safe, energy dense, and highly efficient aqueous battery designed specifically to meet the requirements for grid-scale energy storage. Eos is located in Edison, NJ, and New York, NY. More information is available at www.eosenergystorage.com.
If you are interested in joining our team please submit your resume to: email@example.com