Battery Scientist / Engineer
A start-up company that develops low-cost energy storage solutions for the electric utility and transportation industries is seeking a scientist/engineer who will play a significant and influential role in the advancement of our company. Our company is focused on an exciting challenge: development of first ever, low-cost, aqueous-electrolyte based rechargeable batteries for utility applications.
You will be joining a highly skilled, fast paced team that encourages professional development.
The candidates should have a degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, materials science or a related field. Candidates with backgrounds that include electrochemistry and electrochemical analysis are considered ideal. Strong analytical, problem solving, and lab skill are required. Responsibilities include characterizing materials, building prototypes devices, evaluating/understanding/improving cell performance and general lab responsibilities.
- Initiate discovery projects based on innovative and advanced battery chemistries
- Utilize various material processing and battery fabrication techniques
- Perform and develop battery test strategies to validate the performance of battery systems
- Battery testing and characterization techniques to include shelf life, cycle life, rate capability, cyclic voltammetry, AC impedance and other characterization methods
- Create and implement methods of diagnostic testing for battery characterization
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Materials Science
- Clear oral and written communication skills
- Computer literate
- Able to work independently, and on a multi-disciplinary team
- 1-3 years of professional work experience
**Must be a permanent resident or citizen of the U.S.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Robust knowledge of electrochemical energy storage materials
- Practical expertise of electrolytes, salt, solvents, and additives combinations
- Strong solid state synthesis and characterization skill set
- Sound understanding of material structure-physical property relationship
- Hands-on knowledge of battery and/or other electrochemical energy devices testing and design
- Thorough understanding of battery materials interaction and battery degradation mechanisms
- In-depth laboratory experience in the development and testing of energy related materials
We offer a competitive salary, PTO and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, and vision. For consideration, please email your resume with salary requirements.
Type: Full time
Industries: Oil & Energy
Compensation: Commensurate with experience